Download AMAN Application from Apple store and Google play                                Follow us on : Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Instagram

STATUTES GENERAL ASSEMBLY SECRETARY GENERAL CONTACTS Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram
Daily News
MedNEWS HOME
Lusa - Business News - Mozambique: Japan loans €40.6M for maintenance of Maputo electricity plant
Maputo, Aug. 23, 2019 (Lusa) - Japan lent the equivalent of €40.6 million to Mozambique on Friday for maintenance and...
CNA - المتحدث الرسمي باسم الحكومة: تصريحات اردوغان حول قبرص تعكر الأجواء
وكالة الأنباء القبرصية - قبرص / نيقوسيا - مهى ميخائيل
قال المتحدث الرسمي باسم الحكومة برودروموس برودرومو أن التصريحات التي أدلى بها الرئيس التركي رجب طيب اردوغان بشأن القضية القبرصية، "أدت...
CNA - وزارة الداخلية تمول مشاريع صغيرة مدروسة للإدارات المحلية في الجزيرة
وكالة الأنباء القبرصية - قبرص / نيقوسيا - مهى ميخائيل
صرح وزير الداخلية قسطنطين بيتريدس أنه سيتم توزيع 4.7 مليون يورو على 103 بلدية وإدارة محلية في جميع أنحاء قبرص...
Lusa - Business News - East Timor: Veteran journalists call on new generation to work for development
Dili, Aug. 23, 2019 (Lusa) – Two East Timor journalists who 20 years ago played a role in the process...
Lusa - Business News - East Timor: Veteran journalists call on new generation to work for development
Dili, Aug. 23, 2019 (Lusa) – Two East Timor journalists who 20 years ago played a role in the process...
Lusa - Business News - Mozambique: US bank to provide €4.5B for natural gas projects
Washington, Aug. 23, 2019 (Lusa) - The US Export and Import Bank (EXIM) is to propose to the US Congress...
Lusa - Business News - Portugal: PSI20 opens 0.23% up at 4,867.41 points
Lisbon, Aug. 23, 2019 (Lusa) – The Lisbon stock exchange opened in positive territory on Monday with the main benchmark...
Lusa - Business News - Portugal: Top headlines on Friday
Lisbon, Aug. 23, 2019 (Lusa) – The fall-out from the last truckers’ strike and the planning against another one are...
Lusa - Business News - Mozambique: Strong demand prompts HCB to increase stake sold to investors to 4%




Maputo, July 18, 2019 (Lusa) – The percentage of the shares in Mozambique state hydroelectric power company HCB placed for sale to investors has been increased from 4% to 2.5% due to strong demand, according to the country’s stock exchange, the BVM.
The public offer for sale was subscribed by 16,787 investors, with 1,510,366,810 shares purchased, Salimo Valá, the BVM’s president, said at a presentation of the results of the operation on Wednesday in Maputo.
"The operation was a success: HCB had to increase the supply of shares in the face of enormous demand," Valá said, adding that, as a result, HCB now has 25,000 shareholders.
The offer was divided into various tranches, aimed at the employees of the company, small investors, companies and the general public.
The operation is the first phase of the sale of up to 7.5% of HCB’s shares, with the operation to sell the remaining 3.5% to go ahead next year.
The BVM was created 20 years ago and currently has eight companies listed. In the first quarter of this year trading totalled the equivalent of €9.8 million, with total market capitalisation at the end of that period at €1.263 billion - about 9% of gross domestic product.
The HCB share sale was managed by a consortium made up of two banks: Banco Comercial e de Investimentos (BCI) and Banco Big.
HCB has fixed annual sales of 1,100 MW/year contracted with South African’s electricity company Eskom, of 300 MW to Mozambique’s EDM, and 50 MW to Zambia’s state power supplier, Zeza.
The Mozambican state owns 85% of HCB shares. Of the remaining 15%, half are held by Portugal’s grid operator, REN, and the rest by HCB itself.

PMA/ARO // ARO.
Lusa




Agency : LUSA

Date : 2019-07-19 10:02:19







 

Copyright © Alliance of Mediterranean News Agencies 2017